Steveston Bakery is committed to the privacy principals mandated by the Canadian Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), S.C. 2000, c. 5.
Your personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. Note that when you provide your name, title, business address and/or telephone number as an employee of an organization, it is not considered personal information.
- Information collection, use and disclosure Steveston Bakery will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without obtaining your prior consent or as otherwise provided for by this policy.
Personal information provided by you when purchasing products through our authorized sales agents, called “Steveston Bakery Chartered Agents”, is submitted directly to Steveston Bakery and is not retained by our agents unless you have, independently of your purchase from Steveston Bakery, consented to our agent’s retention of your personal information. Steveston Bakery has taken care to inform our agents as to the importance of the protection of your personal information. Our agents are instructed to follow this policy in their capacity as Steveston Bakery agents for the collection, use, disclosure and disposal of your personal information.
We may from time to time obtain personal information about you from our affiliates and third parties.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information for you, our affiliated companies, and business partners, such as our sales agents and service providers, for five general purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services or those of our affiliated companies and service providers;
- To improve our products and services;
- To fulfill your requests for information regarding our products and services;
- To develop and maintain a relationship with you; and
- To comply with or to enforce legal requirements and/or contractual obligations.
From time to time we may request your consent to use personal information submitted to us by you to inform you of products and services we or our affiliates are offering. Prior to sending you any information regarding these products or services, you will be given either the option of opting in to or out of the future receipt of informational and promotional communications from Steveston Bakery, our affiliates and business partners. After accepting the receipt of these communications, you may contact us at any time to opt-out of receiving any further offers.
In order to request removal from our mailing lists, please email email@example.com. The preceding link leads to a webpage which requires you to input your email address. Upon completing and submitting the form, you will be either be (a) asked to confirm your removal from our mailing lists or (b) informed that your address was not found in our database.
- Note regarding disclosure As noted in this policy, from time to time we will disclose your personal information to our affiliated companies and business partners. This may include the transfer of your personal information outside Canada. We will not disclose your personal information unless we are reasonably satisfied that the receiving party has safeguards, policies and procedures comparable to our own to protect the integrity and security of your personal information.
Our websites, servers and those of our licensors and agents from time to time automatically receive and record certain information from your internet browser. Our use of this information is described below.
- Website tracking and monitoring
When an internet browser requests a website or email from another computer on the internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called an Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”). Your IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet so that your computer can be identified by the main computers, known as web servers, that serve web pages. IP Addresses alone do not provide any personal information about you. However, Steveston Bakery’s servers may collect IP Addresses to provide us with information about how our websites are being used and to diagnose problems within our websites.
- Internet cookies
- Website tracking and monitoring
- Security and integrity of information The security of your personal information is important to us, and we treat our data as assets that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ reasonable and customary information security techniques, both digital and physical, to safeguard your personal information, including, as may be applicable, data encryption, user identification and passwords, firewalls, antivirus software, security alarms, and locks. However, please note that no security system is capable of meeting all anticipated or unanticipated security needs.
We may store your information either digitally or in paper form. Only those employees, agents or contractors who reasonably require access to your information are authorized to view your records.
Steveston Bakery DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ITS SECURITY SYSTEMS WILL BE FOOLPROOF OR ABLE TO FULFILL ANY ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PROTECTED AGAINST LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION BY THIRD PARTIES.
- Retention and disposal of personal information We retain and/or dispose of your personal information as necessary for our business purposes or as required by law and government regulation. We reserve the right to dispose of records and your corresponding personal information at any time without notice.
- Access, corrections and complaints If you would like to access the records we retain about you, to correct such record or to make a complaint, or if you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact our privacy officer:
Privacy Officer12231 No. 1 Road, Richmond, BC, V7E 1T6